General Pool Policies
- When lap swimming is available, you may only swim in a designated lane. No lap swimming in open, undesignated areas.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimmers only. Open swimming is available in designated areas.
- For your safety, when there are three or more swimmers to a lane, you must circle swim.
- When there are no lap swimming lanes available, swim jogging is available in the deep end of pool.
- Lap swimming is limited to two lanes, unless otherwise noted, during all other morning AquaFit classes.
- Water Aerobic classes are for registered participants only. Please see Aquatics Office for details regarding registration.
- Children must be within arms length reach of parent when in pool area, unless a swim test (conducted by the lifeguard on duty) is passed.
- Personal floatation devises (PFD's) can only be used by children in the shallow end and only if a parent is within arms length reach of their child. No PFD's can be used in the medium to deep portions of the pool.
- Water exercise equipment (kickboards, barbells, jogging belts, etc.) is for adult members' use.
- The Senior Lifeguard on duty may use discretion to adjust the lane ropes as necessary.
- Standard pool policy is for the outdoor pools to close when the water temperature falls below 78 degrees.
- The Darsky Outdoor Pool must be 78 degrees prior to opening for the season. Call the Aquatics hotline @ 713-551-7209 x3241 for updated information.
Swim Diaper Policy
ALL swimmers under the age of 3 OR swimmers over the age of 3 who are not fully potty trained must be double diapered to use any ERJCC Pool. This may be two reusable diapers or one disposable and one reusable. One of the reusable diapers MUST be manufactured by I-Play, which we will have available for purchase at the Aquatic Offices for $10.
Diving Board Policies
- Children must pass swim test before using the diving board.
- No flotation devices, goggles, or flippers permitted on the diving board.
- For your safety, swimmers must wait at the bottom of the stairs until the person ahead of you has cleared the area in front of the board.
Locker Room Policy
To respect the privacy of all members, only children age 3 years and under may accompany an opposite sex parent into the locker rooms. Children over the age of 3 years with an opposite sex parent should use the Family Changing Facility located by the babysitting room next to the gymnasium. Thank you for your cooperation.
Bad Weather Policy
If there is bad weather or a rain out before or during swimming instruction, lessons will be move inside to the Proler Indoor Pool. There will be NO MAKE-UPS for classes missed due to personal unexcsed absences. There are NO REFUNDS or CREDITS for classes missed due to personal unexcused absences. ERJCC Aquatics Bucks or Credits to your ERJCC Membership Account will be issed for cancelled classes due to mechanical issues or instructor absences. A phone call to the Aquatics Hotline 713-551-7209 ext 3241 can be made 30 minutes before class time to find out the status of lessons on rain days.