Swim Testing Policy and Procedures
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. All individuals under the age of 18 must pass a swim test to use any area of any ERJCC pool past the 3ft. depth marker rope line. This includes the Darsky and Proler diving boards and both of the Darsky pool slides. Exception: An individual is allowed in any area of the pool if the water level is below shoulder height while they are standing on the bottom of the pool.
Once the individual has passed the swim test, they will be issued a wrist band that must be worn at all times. No child will be permitted in the deep end without a wrist band.
Children who have not passed the swim test are permitted to use any area of the pool, except the deep end, as long as they are within arm's length of a parent or adult supervisor. Children using the Darsky pool small slide who have not passed the swim test must have a parent or adult supervisor in the water at the bottom of the slide.
Swim Test Procedures
- Locate the Shift Supervisor or lifeguard on the pool deck
- Have name recorded on swim test log in roster
- Complete swim test given by lifeguard
- Receive wrist band
- Wear wristband at all times in the pool
- To receive a new wrist band on another day, check in at the reception desk or lifeguard stand and a new one will be issued to anyone who has previously passed the test.