Thank you for your continued patience as we work through the necessary repairs to open our facilities on the Levit Family Campus.
Please make note of the following important updates:
- Our goal is to open the Weingarten Building on Monday, October 16 and begin to resume business operations, daytime and evening classes and other programs. Further details on class programs and schedules will be announced next week.
- The Fitness Center flooring and most of the fitness equipment will need to be replaced. We will be setting up a temporary fitness center in our auditorium that will open on Monday, October 16 at 5:00 AM. Members will continue to be able to utilize YMCA facilities until our Fitness Center re-opens. Our goal is to be able to re-open our Fitness Center in mid to late November.
- We are replacing the boiler that provides hot water for showers in the locker rooms and also heats the water for the indoor pool. Our goal is to have the boiler operating by mid-October at which point we will announce a date when the locker rooms, health centers and indoor pool will re-open.
- The plan is to transition the Bertha Alyce School program from the Boniuk Tennis Center to the Merfish Teen Center to be operational at Merfish on Monday, October 23. We will then take a few days to clean the Tennis Center and courts and re-open as soon as possible.
- We will also be creating volunteer opportunities to help on Sunday, October 15 with some projects around the J and the transition of BAS to the Merfish Teen Center the following weekend. Please watch for details.
Thank you for your continued patience and support, and we will make every effort to meet the timetable outlined above and re-open your J so you can start to enjoy programs, facilities and services again.