Update on Frozen Camp Fees for 2018
J Camps Registration Day, Sunday, February 4, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
While it is January outside, inside the J preparations are well underway for the upcoming summer day camp program. Registration for summer camp opens on Sunday, February 4 at 9:00 AM. Summer camp is one of our most popular programs, and we are excited about what the summer will bring to the J and the community.
Frozen Camp Fees
We have frozen camp fees for 2018. This means that the 2018 camp fees will be held at 2017 rates. Plus, when you register for camp on Sunday, February 4, you will still get an early bird discount, meaning you will pay the 2016 rate.
Families Impacted by Hurricane Harvey
We are mindful that many families in the J community were impacted by Hurricane Harvey and are focusing their time and attention on home renovations, adjusting to new routines and they may not necessarily be thinking about summer plans quite yet.
We Need Your Help
We want to offer as much support and assistance as possible to families impacted by Harvey. Please take note of the following and we encourage you to share this information accordingly with any families you know that were impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- The early bird discount (2016 fees offered on Feb 4) will be extended until March 16 for families that experienced flooding from Harvey. We want to provide the family with additional time to make summer plans, enroll in camp and receive the camp discounts.
- The J does provide financial assistance for camp for those who need additional support. Those families affected by Harvey who feel like they will need financial assistance in addition to the early bird extension should consider applying before the March 16 deadline. Financial assistance is also on a first-come, first-served basis. To apply for financial assistance contact Nohemy Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some of the J Camps will reach capacity (particularly Camp Bami) so please plan accordingly. Space in camp is on a first come, first served basis. If you are planning to register for Camp Bami, we highly recommend that you register on Feb 4. Other popular camps include Circus, America Ninja Warrior, Culinary Creations, and Performing Arts Camp.
How to Register with the Extension
To take advantage of the extension, families must register with Kathy Sabia in the J Camps office. J Camps registration forms can be found at erjcchouston.org/camps. Print the forms, select your camps and turn the forms into Kathy at the J between 7:30 AM-3:30 PM, or you can email the forms to her at email@example.com.
February 4, Camp Registration Kickoff
We have kept our camp fees flat this year, and if you register on February 4 you will receive 2016 prices! To register for camp and take advantage of Early Bird Discount pricing, camp families should:
- Call our Member Services Desk at 713.729.3200 and speak with a front desk staff member to renew or purchase your membership BEFORE February 4. We will be verifying membership status in the registration line. Please note: if you do not have a membership through the month of August, you will be asked to go to the Membership table and complete that process prior to registering for camp. All outstanding balances must be paid to enroll in J Camps.
- Fill out your J Camps application front and back. While each camper needs an application, the family and insurance information only needs to be completed once per family.
- Families who do not need to enroll a camper in Camp Bami have the option of enrolling online at erjcchouston.org/camps OR in person. We will have camp staff at the J from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM to process registrations and answer your questions.
NOTE: Families wanting to enroll a camper in Camp Bami MUST enroll in person on February 4. We are not able to process Camp Bami applications over the telephone OR online on February 4.
Want to register online?
Please log in to your member account at erjcchouston.org prior to February 4 to confirm your username and password are working. If it is not, contact Member Services at 713.729.3200 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering in person?
Enjoy a pastry courtesy of J Camps when you purchase any coffee at Laykie’s Gourmet Café at the J!
*Lobby doors will open at 8:00 AM, and registration will begin at 9:00 AM.
For additional information, please contact Anna Shabtay, Director of Children, Camping and Member Services, at 713.551.7208 or email@example.com.