After School Programs
KidZone After School Program GR K-5
Monday-Friday | 3:30-6:00 PM
(1-5 day per week options available)
KidZone provides a safe and nurturing place where kids continue to learn and grow. Includes: supervised homework help, gym and outdoor activities, healthy snacks, games and art projects and more! KidZone separates Kindergarten through second graders and third through fifth graders for a more age-appropriate experience.
KidZone includes After School Transportation available from: Beren Academy, Beth Yeshurun, Herod, Horn, Condit, Kolter, Parker, Lovett, Shlenker, Meyerland (Johnston) and Emery/Weiner. Call to see if your child’s school can be on the transportation list.
After School Transportation
Need transportation from school to your afternoon classes? We provide KidZone staff to transport your child from school to the J with supervised care until their class begins (including swim lessons, gymnastics, tennis, dance, art, theater, sports, etc.), plus snack and access to the homework room. After School Transportation is available from the schools listed above.
- KidZone staff will transport your child from school to the J 1-5 days per week
- Supervised by KidZone staff until class begins
- Transportation is available for all classes (including swim lessons, gymnastics, tennis, dance, art, theater, sports, etc.)
- Walked to and from classes
- Participants are given snack
- Complete homework in our supervised homework room
Vacation Camp Package K-5 GR
Register for the vacation camp package and receive the following:
- 3 days of Thanksgiving Break Camp (11/20-11/22, NO PM Care for 11/22)
- 8 days of Winter Break Camp (12/26-1/5, NO camp on 12/25 & 1/1)
- 5 days of Spring Break Camp (3/12-3/16)
- 2 School’s Out Days (12/22 & 1/15, JCC is closed on 9/22 & 3/30)
- AM & PM Care for all Break Camps and School’s Out Days
- 5 HISD Early Dismissal Days (10/20, 11/10, 1/26, 2/23 & 6/1, JCC is closed on 9/21).
If you want to purchase any of these at a daily option: Break Camp’s and School’s Out Days are $70 (9:00 AM-3:30 PM), AM Care is $17 (7:00 AM-9:00 AM), PM Care is $22 (3:30 PM-6:00 PM) and Early
Dismissal Days are $30.
The Vacation Camp Package is available to any child with a current J membership and nonrefundable once purchased. It cannot be prorated and is aligned with the HISD calendar. Some dates may change based on the HISD calendar. This package is valued at approximately $2,100 – a savings of over $300.
Holiday Package K-5 GR
Register for the holiday package and receive 5 days of Jewish observances and holidays. This package will include transportation from schools to the J, snack, homework room and a special program until 6:00 PM. The Holiday Package includes the following days: October 5, 6, 12 & 13 and April 6. The Holiday Package is non-refundable and KidZone participants can purchase any of the above dates at a daily cost of $45.
For more information about these programs, please contact the Children and Camping office at 713.551.7208.