Want to be a volunteer? We have many ways for you to get involved!
Volunteers needed to Drive for J-Meals (Min Age: 18+)
- Mon-Thurs pick-up meals at the J 10:00 AM-11:30 AM; weekly commitment: 1-1.5 hrs
- Contact: Kari Stein email@example.com or 713.595.8177
RSVP - Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (Min. Age: 55+)
- Long-term volunteer opportunities throughout the Greater Houston area. Contact Walt McFadden: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8157.
Volunteer with Youth with Special Needs on Sundays - Sport Stars Program (Min. Age: 15+)
- No sports skills needed just patience and willingness to help. Weekly Commitment: 1-2 hrs; Contact Matthew First at email@example.com or 713.595.8182.
- Basketball & Soccer | 4:00 PM-6:00 PM | Weekly or one-time: 1 hr
Volunteer with Senior Companions Program (Min. Age: 55+)
- Help homebound seniors. Opportunity to earn tax-free stipend and benefits if low-income person with monthly income for one person $2,010 and two people $2,706 or less. Weekly commitment: 20 hrs; Contact Sandra Smolensky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8183.
Office Helper (Min Age: 18+)
- Filing and organizing for Accounting Department. Mon-Fri 9:00 AM—3:00 PM.
- Weekly or one-time commitment: 1 hr
- Contact Sylvia Dauber at email@example.com.
Done in a Day Volunteering
Ushers, greeters & ticket takers needed for theater performances and speaker events. Dress in all black.
- Theatre, music and dance concerts - contact: Jasmine Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.551.7215
Volunteers Needed to Drive for J-Meals (Min Age: 18+)
- Mon-Thurs pick-up meals at the J 10:00 AM-11:30 AM; 1-1.5 hours
- Contact: Kari Stein at email@example.com or 713.595.8177
United Way Volunteer Opportunities
Reading Together Volunteers needed:
- January 22, 2018 to April 27, 2018
- One day a week for 12 weeks
- Read to a 2nd grader. Read to the same child every week
- Must complete a background check for the school district where they will be volunteering.
- New volunteers must attend a mandatory training session at the United Way
- Click here to become a reading buddy