Connect with Israel
Engage with Israel the J Way
We offer a number of opportunities throughout the year to connect with Israel. Programs range from the arts, to traditional learning and community wide engagement. Look below to find the program that is right for you.
Arts & Culture
- Houston Jewish Film Festival
March 3-18, 2018
- Bezalel Academy Graduate Artist in Residence: Ayelet Hochhauser
March 14-28, 2018
- Israeli Dancing
Tuesdays at 7:30 PM
- Community Shaliach | Ongoing
- Birthright Passport Program | Year–long
- Yom Ha’atzmaut Israel @ 70! Community Wide Celebration
Apr 19, 2018
- Tzofim Caravan | Summer 2018
Bobbi and Vic Samuels Center for Jewish Living & Learning Programs
- Horvitz Scholar-in-Residence Series with Dr. Reuven Y. Hazan, Israel at 70: Democracy, Politics and Society
- Feb 11–25, 2018
- Melton & More Continuing Adult Jewish Education
- Trip to Israel | May 27–June 7
- Krav Maga Classes | Ongoing
Learn more about Israel politics, culture, news, arts and more.
Meet Miki Plotkin, our Shaliach. Read Miki's Bio
Our Israeli Shlichim work to expand education, understanding and engagement with Israel throughout the Houston Jewish and greater community. They work with all ages, but primarily with high school students in area synagogues, schools, youth movements and other Jewish organizations through classes programs and events. Read articles written by our Shlichim.
This international program is designed to engage communities to be actively involved in becoming closer to their Jewish identity through Israel. Each Shaliach, (the Hebrew word for "Emissary”), is challenged to create programs tailor-made for specific needs of the community in which they reside.
The program is designed to increase Jewish awareness, knowledge and pride; to bridge the gap between Jews of different backgrounds and Israel; and to promote an understanding of Israel and its ideals.