Ethical Foods Co-Op at the J
In Jewish tradition, the values of shmirat haguf, or, taking care of our bodies, and being shomrei adamah, or, guardians of the earth, are essential to living a Jewish life. One of the many ways we live out these values at the J is by offering the Houston community opportunities to take part in our Community Supported Agriculture program and our Meat Buying Club.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Join our community supported agriculture (CSA) partnership with Johnson's Backyard Garden from just $22/week!
- SIGN UP TODAY to receive a weekly variety of fresh, certified organic vegetables from Austin's own Johnson's Backyard Garden!
- The season is ongoing - Select 4, 10, 26 or 52 deliveries per year
- Pick-up at the J on Wednesdays, 3:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Choose from 4 different share sizes:
Individual ($22), Small ($27.50), Medium ($35), or Large ($41)
- Log into your account two days before delivery and SWAP out up to two items in your box for something else you prefer!
- Shares come pre-boxed, just grab and go.
- Enjoy the option to add free-range eggs, fair-trade coffee, and other artisanal, local foods.
Meat Buying Club
Our Meat Buying Club, a partnership between the J and both Grow and Behold and Kol Foods, organizes bulk meat orders several times a year for those who are interested in purchasing pastured, responsibly raised OU-Glatt kosher beef, lamb, turkey, chicken and nitrate-free sausages and provisions. No minimum purchase and no commitment required. Just buy what you want!
Other Websites of Interest
For more information about the Ethical Foods Co-op at the J, please contact Nomi Barancik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8190.