For Families with Kids going into K-5th Grade
This new monthly program brings together elementary school families with children in kindergarten through 5th grade for a meaningful and fun-filled Shabbat afternoon. PreK families are welcome, too! Please check back for monthly event details
After Hours Pool Party
Saturday, July 16 | 7:00 PM-9:00 PM
Come play at the pool at our after hours party!
- Splash, slide and swim in the pool & splash pad
- Try out the new Israel Aqua Climber
- Enjoy frozen treats donated by Trentino Gelato
- End the event with Havdalah under the stars
Babysitting will not be provided at this event, but siblings are welcome in the pool.
If your child has not taken the J's swim test this summer, they can take one at the event in order to swim and play in the deep end.
RSVP and be entered to win a free Kids Nite Out at the J!
FREE and Open to the Public | RSVP
Tu B'Av Celebration
Saturday, August 20 | 3:30 PM-5:30 PM
Come celebrate Tu B'Av, a day of love, with the whole family.
- Families will create cards and flower bouquets together, and have fun with family face painting!
- Kids will take a tennis lesson and play a game. Everyone starts with "Love!"
- Parents will get creative while coloring with Tomfoolery Toys & Books
- Everyone will end the program together with Havdalah
Free babysitting will be provided for siblings ages 4 & under.
Sign Up for our Email List
Meet Our Family Outreach Program Specialist
Rachel Teichman has a BA from the University of California, San Diego, and an MBA from San Diego State University. She has spent much of her career in the arts and writing fields, and all of her volunteer work has involved Jewish and educational organizations.
She moved to Houston two years ago, and has been an active member of the Mishpacha & Me committee. A mother of two, she has been enjoying exploring Texas with her family, and is excited about launching Shabbatify! Please feel free to contact her with with any comments or suggestions.
For more information about Shabbatify, please contact Rachel at email@example.com or 832.408.3510, ext. 3259. Learn more about the The Bobbi and Vic Samuels Center for Jewish Living and Learning.