We are happy to announce that beginning Saturday, June 20, the J will offer weekend family recreational swim times. In order to participate, a reservation must be made ahead of time. Reservations are available beginning Thursday, June 18.
Below are the details and guidelines:
- Recreational Swim is only available on Saturdays and Sundays for time blocks of 90 minutes. Available times are 10:30 AM-12:00 PM, 12:30 PM-2:00 PM, 2:30 PM-4:00 PM and 4:30 PM-6:00 PM. Both the Bertha Alyce and Darsky 50 Meter pool will be available. All members must enter and check-in at the main pool entrance. Health Surveys and masks are required to enter. Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask.
- We will allow a maximum of 15 families during each time block. Each family will be assigned to a zone at one of the pools in an area that is compatible to the members of that family. For example, a family with children ages 2-5, will be assigned a zone in one of the shallower areas while a family with teenagers or adults will be assigned a zone in one of the deeper sections.
- You may make your reservation as early as the Thursday prior to the weekend by calling 713.551.7211 between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Reservations will be on a first call, first serve basis and can be made through the weekend depending on availability. You may only make one reservation for one weekend at a time. Only the members that are listed on your family membership will be allowed to enter. Parents must accompany any children under the age of 16.
- Each swimmer under the age of 16 will be required to take and pass the swim test to be in the water without a parent. Each child will only get one chance per day to pass the swim test. For any child that does not pass the swim test, a parent must be in the water with the child no farther than an arm’s length away.
- Due to health and safety concerns, the splash pad, slides, diving board and rock walls will remain closed to all members. All swimmers will need to bring their own towel, goggles, water or drink, water bottle and any equipment that you may need to use for your swim or workout.
- Lap swimming will be available on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM at Darsky 50 Meter and Bertha Alyce pools and from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM at the Merfish pool. Lap swimming will not be available at Darsky 50 Meter or Bertha Alyce during recreational swim times.