Presenting: A Little Nosh; Cook with the J!
In our first-ever episode of A Little Nosh, we invite you to join our Israeli Shlicha, Rotem Cohen, Family Engagement Program Director, Andrea Wolfe, and her 3-year old son and master chef, Caleb, as they teach you how to make cheese blintzes for Shavuot in less than 4 minutes. Be sure to show us your blintzes by using the hashtag #erjcchouston!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1oz Melted Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt Oil for pan
- 17oz Ricotta Cheese
- 3.5oz Raisins
- 3.1oz Sugar Dash of Cinnamon
- Mix all of the filling ingredients, cover with a plastic wrap and let sit in the refridgerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix together ingredients for the batter – eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter and milk.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until you get a uniform texture. (No lumps!)
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a small amount of oil. Place about 2-4 tbsp of batter in your pan, and shape to the size of the pan with either a utensil or by holding the pan and gently tipping it to let the batter cover the bottom.
- Cook your blintzes for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add your filling, roll your blintzes and enjoy!
Chag Sameach from the J!