Teen Advocates for Change
We are so happy that you are interested in joining J-Teen Advocates for Change (J-TAC) ! You will be joining with other likeminded sixth, seventh and eighth graders who deeply care about doing good.
You will have the opportunity to volunteer with The Center for Urban Transformation in a multi week social action project, meet the leadership who is changing the landscape of the 5th Ward and explore what Judaism has to do with Social Action.
The Center for Urban Transformation create opportunities for Fifth Ward families to overcome the adverse effects of racism, poverty and other inequities by implementing programs that encourage growing prospects for survival and success.
Participants are asked to bring either a tablet or laptop to each session that is held at the J. Transportation will be provided to the Center for Urban Transformation. Dinner will be provided at our evening meetings.
Registration will be available mid-December.
- Monday, January 24 | 6:30 PM- 8:00 PM
- Monday, February 7 | 6:30 PM- 8:00 PM
- Monday, February 14 | 6:30 PM- 8:00 PM
- Monday, March 7 | 6:30 PM- 8:00 PM
- Monday, March 21 | 6:30- 8:00 PM
- Monday, April 4 | 6:30 PM- 8:00 PM
- Monday, April 25 | 4:00- 6:00 PM | Project at the Center for Urban Transformation
- Monday, May 2 | 4:00- 6:00 PM | Project at the Center for Urban Transformation
- Monday, May 9 | 4:00- 6:00 PM | Project at the Center for Urban Transformation
- May 23 | End of Program Celebration
For more information, please contact Rabbi Barry Gelman at email@example.com or 713.595.8163.