Outdoor Pool Opening Guidelines
Family Recreation Swim Reservations
We will have a limit of 8 families for each family rec swim opportunity at our pools. You can make your reservation starting on Monday at 8:00am for the upcoming week only. To make a reservation for family recreation swim, please contact the Front Desk at 713.729.3200.
- All staff will be required to complete a daily health screening before starting their shift. If health standards are not met, the employee will not be allowed to work and may be required to self-quarantine for 10 days.
- During shifts, staff will wear masks when not on the stands. While on the stand, guards will not be required to wear masks to ensure they can properly do their job
Aquatics Facility Guidelines
Lap Swimming Safety Precautions
- All members will enter through the side gate next to the right of the Bertha Alyce School or through the gate from the parking lot behind the Merfish Teen Center. When you arrive to the pool, you will be asked to show your badge, your completed health screen and sign the member sign in sheet. This is mandatory to enter the facility. In addition, members are required to wear masks when entering and exiting the facilities.
- All swimmers will need to bring their own towel, goggles, water or drink, water bottle and any equipment that you may need to use for your swim or workout..
- We encourage members to share lanes to allow all members to swim when they arrive to the pool.
- If there should be 2 swimmers in a lane, you can either split the lane or circle swim in a counter clockwise motion.
- If there are 3 or more swimmers in a lane all swimmers will be expected to circle swim in a counter clockwise motion.
- There will be furniture for your personal items. We do encourage you to use this furniture for your personal items so they stay off the ground.
- Restroom access will be the bathroom on the back side of the Bertha Alyce School just behind the fence. If at Merfish, the bathroom access is on the side of the building facing the gaga pit.
Family Recreation Swim Safety Precautions
- We will be limiting family rec swim to a max of 8 families at both pools.
- The open rec swim is open and available for the entire family living in the same household according to our system. Parents will be expected to be at the pool with all children under the age of 13.
- When you arrive to the pool please make sure everyone has their suits on and ready to swim.
- All members will be expected to wear a mask as they enter and exit the facility.
- When at the Bertha Alyce pool, you will enter through the side gate to the right of the Bertha Alyce School.
- When at Merfish, you will enter through the gate from the parking lot behind the Mefish Teen Center.
- At the entrance you will show your membership badge, the approved health screening for everyone coming to the pool that day and confirm with the aquatics staff who is there for the reservation. This will be mandatory to enter the facility.
- After check-in, you may proceed to any table/chairs that you would like to place your personal items at. All tables are open to all members.
- All swimmers will need to bring their own towel, goggles, water or drink, water bottle, toys and any equipment that you may need to use for your time at the pool.
- Each swimmer under the age of 6 will be required to take and pass the swim test to be in the water without a parent with them.
- For any child that does not pass the swim test a parent will need to be in the water with them at all times and no farther away than 1 arm’s length
- Restroom access will be the bathroom on the back side of the Bertha Alyce School just behind the fence. If at Merfish, the bathroom access is on the side of the building facing the gaga pit
- Any items left at the pool by the end of the day will be disposed as we are not able to keep a lost and found