Aquatics: Frequently Asked Questions
Aquatics Frequently Asked Questions
- Monday-Thursday – 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday – 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday-Sunday – 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Slide is open daily from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
To access the family recreational pools, members should enter through the side gate to the left of the main entrance off the parking lot.
* Please note that on Saturdays and Sundays, the Samuels Family Community Pavilion closes at 6:00 PM. However, members may still enjoy access to the recreational pools until 7:00 PM, without any building access.
Health & Fitness and Tennis members may use the pools during any of the indicated open hours.
Guests of Health & Fitness and Tennis members must check in upon arrival to receive a guest pass. Members must be present to purchase additional guest passes for their guests. They may be purchased for:
- $15 per adult 18 years and up
- $7 per child 17 years and younger
Guest access may be limited due to capacity.
Yes, we require anyone under the age of 12 years to pass a swim assessment. Click here to review the swim assessment to swim in water that surpasses their armpits. You must be at least 48 inches tall to ride the slide. A safety break will be called the last 10 minutes of each hour, requiring all children to take a break from the pools. Swim tests will be administered during this time.
Yes, we have:
- Three private family changing rooms with showers and restrooms by the outdoor café terrace;
- Two family changing rooms with showers and restrooms outside of the indoor pool entrance;
- A men and women’s family locker room outside of the indoor pool entrance; and
- Adult locker rooms on the second floor available for Health & Fitness and Tennis members 16 years and older to access from the side stairway by the indoor pool entrance.
No, towel service is not available at the pools.
Yes, each pool does have a city standardized capacity. As we move through the summer, we will continue to monitor pool usage and evaluate capacity changes.
Any guest under the age of 18 years must have an adult present to sign off on guest liability.
A limited number of life jackets are available for use. Kickboards, pull buoys and water aerobics equipment are available for lap swim, water exercise and instructional swim.
The following items are NOT allowed in any of our pools:
- Glass containers
- Inflatable flotation devices
- Hard water guns
- Footballs and baseballs
- Food, gum and non-water drinks
Food is allowed at the outdoor pools in designated seating areas. Any food that is brought in cannot contain shellfish or pork. Outside food may not be consumed at Laykie’s Café at the J.
Members can prepay directly with Laykie’s Café at the J for a charge card to use throughout the summer. Laykie’s Café at the J also accepts Apple Pay, Venmo, credit cards and cash. In observance of Shabbat, Laykie’s Cafe at the J is not open on Saturday. Click here to view Laykie’s Café at the J hours and menu.