1/31/19 UPDATE: The indoor pool has been shut down for maintenance and repairs. Updated announcements can be found here.
When we have updated repair timelines, etc, we will post additional updates on that blog post, as well as links to the alternative arrangements. We’ll also put together a schedule of the alternative arrangements and put that in the pool schedule links as well.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate in our indoor pool aquatics survey. Through the survey we received plenty of wonderful feedback about what you like about the indoor pool and what you would like to see us improve. We have taken your feedback and have come up with a plan on how we are going to improve the indoor pool to provide you with a better experience.
We are happy to inform you of some of the things we will be changing and improving with the indoor pool over the next several months.
- We are happy to let everyone know that we will be improving the drainage around the pool deck. We are planning on installing a new drainage system around the entire deck that will help prevent the formation of puddles, keeping it cleaner and safer for all members.
- We will be installing new benches at the indoor pool that will allow us to keep the deck cleaner, preventing water, dirt and food from collecting under them. You may have seen the new one we installed on the deep end side of the pool.
- We will be putting an equipment locker on the deck to make it easier for our members to find and use any exercise equipment you may need while exercising in the pool.
- We will be installing two more towel hooks at the shallow end and two more at the deep end. This will give everyone more space and options to hang your towels, robes and bags, leaving more room on the benches
- We will be hanging a dry erase board at the shallow end, and we will have swim workouts listed for anyone that may be interested in doing them for their workout.
- We are excited to announce that we will be setting up a monthly family time at the indoor pool. One Sunday a month from 4:00 PM-6:00 PM the indoor pool will be open to just families.
- No classes, no lap swimming, no one working out
- Just families and an open pool for everyone to enjoy their time together at the pool
- More information will be coming out later about these days
Thank you again to everyone who took the time to let us know your thoughts about the indoor pool. We are excited about these upcoming changes and improvements and helping provide you with a better experience at the pool.
The J Aquatics Department