Exercise not only improves health, it increases self-confidence and reduces anxiety in children. Participating in physical activity as a family also strengthens family bonds, improves the overall mood of both the parents and their children, and sets an example for future behavior.
Join our Family Physical Fitness Challenge - a 30-day challenge for parents, kids, teens, and anyone else who wants to join! The challenge lasts from April 4, 2021 thru May 3.
Family Physical Fitness Challenge
The first two weeks will revolve around Yom Ha'Atzmaut (Israel’s 73rd birthday). Each challenge or class must be done as a family. Each challenge that is done outside of the JCC Fitness Center will require a picture or video that is sent to Brenda Boyd @ firstname.lastname@example.org or posted on social media, tagging Evelyn Rubenstein JCC Wellness on Facebook and @erjccwellness on Instagram. You will also need to log your activity here.
There will be prizes for each family that completes all 30 challenges!
- April 4 - 73-second plank - Forearms or knees
- April 5 - Triceps dips with chair for 73 seconds
- April 6 - Sit-ups/crunches for 73 seconds (kids 10 & under) / 73 reps (age 11+)
- April 7 - Bootcamp 5:30pm @ Merfish Teen Center - All ages
- April 8 - 73-second squat hold
- April 9 - 73 seconds of push-up (kids 10 and under) / 73 Push-ups- (age 11+)
- April 10 - Krav Maga @ Merfish with Brian and/or Shabbat Family Field Day
- April 11 - Family Yoga @ Merfish
- April 12 - Triceps dips with chair for 73 seconds
- April 13 - 73 Jump jacks
- April 14 – 73 Burpees
- April 15 – Dance off to Israeli music – Celebrate Yom Ha'Atzmaut!
- April 16 – Virtual Krav-Maga with Brian on J @Home
- April 17 - Jumping jacks challenge - who can do the most jumping jacks?
- April 18 - 5k on the bayou
- April 19 - Sit-ups/crunches
- April 20 - Squats
- April 21 - Plank challenge - who can plank the longest on their forearms?
- April 22 - 73 High knees and 73 butt kicks
- April 23 - Burpees
- April 24 - Down dog challenge - Parents hold down dog while children crawl back and forth underneath for as long as possible!
- April 25 - Family Yoga @ Merfish
- April 26 - Lunges - 10 on each leg
- April 27 - Plank challenge 2 - Who can plank the longest on their hands?
- April 28 - V-ups
- April 29 - Push-ups
- April 30 - Squats - 25 reps
- May 1 - Supine bridge challenge - Parents hold bridge while children crawl back and forth underneath for as long as possible!
- May 2 - Krav Maga @ Merfish with Brian and/or Family Fun Boot Camp @ Merfish
- May 3 - Jog in place for 3 minutes
If you have any questions, please reach out to Brenda Boyd at email@example.com.