Want to be a volunteer? We have many ways for you to get involved!
Done in a Day Volunteering
Help us provide an amazing summer experience to visitors from Israel! This summer we are excited to host several Israeli Shlichim (emissaries) who will be working in J Camps to provide connections to Israel for all of our campers. We are looking for generous people to help host them.
- June, July and August 2019; Commitment: Min. 2 weeks
- Host to provide bedroom/private space and meals. Also, helping with transportation at times.
- If you have questions about the process, please contact Jennifer Rosenzweig | Assistant Director of Children and Camping, at 832.408.3527 or JRosenzweig@erjcchouston.org.
- Sign Up Here
Theater, Music, Dance & Speaker Related (Min. Age: 21+)
Ushers, concessions and cast party set-up needed for theater performances.
Please check back soon for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers Needed to Drive on a Single Day for Meals on Wheels (Min Age: 18+)
- Can't commit to a regular delivery schedule? We have single day opportunities to deliver meals.
- Mon-Fri pick-up meals at the J 10:00 AM-11:30 AM; 1-1.5 hours
- Contact: Kari Stein at email@example.com or 713.595.8177
Volunteers needed to Drive for Meals on Wheels (Min Age: 18+)
- Mon-Fri pick-up meals at the J 10:00 AM-11:30 AM; weekly commitment: 1-1.5 hrs
- Contact: Kari Stein firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8177
Volunteer with the Foster Grandparent Program of Harris County (FGP)
- Be a mentor and tutor to at-risk youth on a weekly basis (minimum of 20 hours per week).
- Serve as a non-judgmental and consistent grandparent figure to kids who need extra love and support.
- Common sites are head start centers, public schools, and emergency homeless shelters throughout Harris County.
- Opportunity to earn tax-exempt stipend of $2.65 per hour and limited mileage reimbursement. To be eligible, your total household monthly income cannot exceed $2,023 (one person) or $2,743 (two people)
- Contact Bea Rivas at email@example.com or 713.595.8198.
RSVP - Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (Min. Age: 55+)
- Long-term volunteer opportunities throughout the Greater Houston area. Contact Walt McFadden: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8157.
Volunteer with Youth with Special Needs on Sundays - Sport Stars Program (Min. Age: 15+)
- No sports skills needed - just patience and willingness to help. Weekly Commitment: 1-2 hrs
- Weekly during the school year. Basketball & Soccer | 4:00 PM-6:00 PM | Weekly or one-time: 1 hr. Contact Bryan Kiser: email@example.com.
Volunteer with Senior Companions Program (Min. Age: 55+)
- Help homebound seniors. Opportunity to earn tax-free stipend and benefits if low-income person with monthly income for one person $2,010 and two people $2,706 or less. Weekly commitment: 20 hrs; Contact Sandra Smolensky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8183.
Office Helper (Min Age: 18+)
- Filing and organizing for Accounting Department. Mon-Fri 9:00 AM—3:00 PM.
- Weekly or one-time commitment: 1 hr
- Contact Sylvia Dauber at email@example.com.