Want to be a volunteer? We have many ways for you to get involved!
Done in a Day Volunteering
"Days of Awesome" Rosh Hashanah Celebration (Min. Age 15+ Yrs)
Sunday, Sept 29 | 2:30 PM-5:30 PM
- Volunteers needed for our annual Rosh Hashanah Celebration as we focus on all things Awe-some! Volunteers needed for check-in, gymnastics, Gaga Pit and more!
- Location: Merfish Teen Center | 9000 S. Rice Blvd.
- Please review the available slots and sign up here.
The Oy Vey 5K Family Fun Run
Sunday, Oct 6
- A variety of opportunities from packet stuffing and pick-up prior to the race to day of race event help
- To volunteer, please sign-up through sign-up genius
2019 Fall Arts & Ideas (Min. Age: 18+)
Through Dec 19, 2019
- Sun, Sept. 22 | Josh & the Jamtones | 2:15 PM–3:15 PM
- Thurs, Dec. 19 | King Bibi | 12:15 PM–1:15 PM and 6:45 PM–7:45 PM
- Sign Up: Fall Arts & Ideas
Volunteers Needed to Drive on a Single Day for Meals on Wheels (Min Age: 18+)
- Can't commit to a regular delivery schedule? We have single day opportunities to deliver meals.
- Mon-Fri pick-up meals at the J 10:00 AM-11:30 AM; 1-1.5 hours
- Contact: Kari Stein at email@example.com or 713.595.8177
Volunteers needed to Drive for Meals on Wheels (Min Age: 18+)
- Mon-Fri pick-up meals at the J 10:00 AM-11:30 AM; weekly commitment: 1-1.5 hrs
- Contact: Kari Stein firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8177
Volunteer with the Foster Grandparent Program of Harris County (FGP)
- Be a mentor and tutor to at-risk youth on a weekly basis (minimum of 20 hours per week).
- Serve as a non-judgmental and consistent grandparent figure to kids who need extra love and support.
- Common sites are head start centers, public schools, and emergency homeless shelters throughout Harris County.
- Opportunity to earn tax-exempt stipend of $2.65 per hour and limited mileage reimbursement. To be eligible, your total household monthly income cannot exceed $2,023 (one person) or $2,743 (two people)
- Contact Bea Rivas at email@example.com or 713.595.8198.
RSVP - Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (Min. Age: 55+)
- Long-term volunteer opportunities throughout the Greater Houston area. Contact Walt McFadden: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8157.
Volunteer with Youth with Special Needs on Sundays - Sport Stars Program (Min. Age: 15+)
- No sports skills needed - just patience and willingness to help. Weekly Commitment: 1-2 hrs
- Weekly during the school year. Basketball & Soccer | 4:00 PM-6:00 PM | Weekly or one-time: 1 hr. Contact Melanee Weiser at email@example.com.
Volunteer with Senior Companions Program (Min. Age: 55+)
- Help homebound seniors. Opportunity to earn tax-free stipend and benefits if low-income person with monthly income for one person $2,010 and two people $2,706 or less. Weekly commitment: 20 hrs; Contact Sandra Smolensky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.595.8183.
Office Helper (Min Age: 18+)
Contact Sylvia Dauber at email@example.com.
1) Accounting Department
• Filing and organizing for Accounting Department. Mon-Fri 9:00 AM—3:00 PM
• Weekly or one-time commitment: 1 hr
2) Senior Companions Program
• Filing and organizing Mon-Fri 9:00 AM—3:00 PM.
• 3-4 hours a day for three days a week.
• Help answering the phone, filing, etc. Mon-Fri 3:00 PM—6:00 PM (M-F).
• Daily: 3 hours
• Summer months only
4) Arts and Culture
• Filing and organizing for Arts and Culture Department. Mon-Fri 9:00 AM—3:00 PM.
• Weekly: 1 -2 hrs
• Seasonal: October/November and March/April