J Camps Scholarship & Financial Assistance
Financial assistance is available on a limited basis for Summer Day Camp. Existing scholarship families are able to apply early, by February 5, to secure a priority award decision. All other applicants must apply by the regular deadline of February 17. Any applications received after this date will be considered LATE and will not be guaranteed consideration for aid.
Those applying for financial assistance will be able to register for camps online on February 6th and will be required to pay the applicable deposit of $50 for each week of camp. The total camp balance will be reduced once a financial award has been received. Or, applicants may choose to wait until they have received their financial award and the deposit due reflects their award.
The procedure for applying for financial assistance is:
- Ensure that membership is valid or is purchased for the camper(s) prior to camp enrollment. For more information about membership options, please contact the Membership Department at 713.729.3200 or email@example.com
- Apply online for assistance at online.factsmgt.com/aid. You will need to submit financial documents including 2021 tax returns and 2022 W2s. Also, please provide an explanation of any changes that may have occurred during the year of 2022 that may have impacted your financial situation as well as your projected income for 2023.
- If you are completing your FACTS application prior to registration day, please use the camp website to estimate the costs of your family’s camp needs.
- Enroll your child(ren) into the desired program(s) and pay the required deposits to secure space beginning on Sunday, February 5, 2023.
- Completed applications, including supporting documentation, must be received by the following dates in order to be considered:
Priority deadline for existing scholarship families: February 5, 2023
Regular deadline: February 17, 2023
Late application deadline: March 31, 2023 (Submissions after March 31, 2023, and incomplete applications will not be considered.)
- Applicants will have one week from the award date to accept the award, file an appeal, make any changes or withdraw from any camps to receive a full refund of deposit. After this timeframe, deposits are nonrefundable and any changes will be subject to the applicable change fee.
- Payment plans for the balance not covered by financial assistance must be finalized by April 30, 2023. Children will not be allowed to attend camp without a set payment arrangement.
**Please note: Financial assistance is not available for the following contract camps: Baseball, Glee, Rockband, STEAM, Golf, Aerial, Horseback Riding, Coding, Lego Robotics, WITS, Social Impact and Best of Houston
For children in J Camps or Bertha Alyce Preschool, contact Leslie Lerner, Early Childhood Financial and Scholarship Director at 713.551.7221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.